Conflict detection is important for contractors during the pre-construction stage. Collision data management is a laborious and time consuming task. Therefore, visualizing the conflict area in advance facilitates smooth installation once the project is in progress. Collision-free models help in quantity generation, scheduling, and cost estimation. Now, several crash coordination software applications are available in the AEC market, but which software platform would you choose? Opt for the one that will produce precise quantities per location and generate more off-site prefabrication, saving time and rework in the construction process. See if the dispute resolution software you are choosing will give you a smoother installation, shorter schedule, and accurate cost plan for your construction project.
Let us consider the advantages provided by the various crash coordination software applications:
– Interference check – Navisworks crash coordination tools perform interference checking and manage potential issues before construction begins, minimizing delays and rework.
– Share data – The integration between Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue offers cloud connectivity to the Navisworks user and supports shared Navisworks workflows and data with BIM 360.
– Collision Avoidance – Another way to avoid conflicts is to use the BIM Coordination Model in AutoCAD 2016, which allows you to open Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue models within design products. Designers model ‘in context’ using Navisworks’ built-in model to avoid collisions.
– Reduction of potential conflicts – Use Navisworks Manage to reduce potential conflicts prior to construction, reducing delays and rework. To resolve conflicts, perform collision detection tests against the specified geometry. Verify laser scan data against 3D design and openly disagree in design software applications. View collisions in context based on the geometric model, belonging to other collisions. Make non-collision elements transparent to locate conflicts in the model. Support coordination by creating hard, duplicate, and pass tests. Also, examine space and time by associating collision tests with object animation and 5D simulations.
– Conflict management – Working in Navisworks Manage helps you manage conflicts easily. You can track conflicts and resolve them. Also, clashing groups helps address multiple conflicts as a single problem. You can use the grid and level placement to manage group and filter collisions.
– Communication with the project team. – Navisworks Manage helps communicate collision related issues to the project team. You can export reports with crash test results, mentioning all comments and screenshots. Additionally, conflict scenarios can be shared with other Navisworks Manage users via XML export/import for reuse in projects.
– Conflict resolution – Use Navisworks Manage conflict detection tools to support conflict identification, management, and resolution. Conflicting object colors, composite level collisions, saved viewpoint management, comments column, filter by selection of new modes, filtered report results, and user-controlled isolation settings help to resolve all disputes.
Opt for the best BIM clash coordination software application and resolve all conflicts before the start of your construction project. Isolate collisions to specific sections of the model with the flexibility of the ‘Clash Manager’ in Navisworks and clean up collision result data. This will reduce the time needed to manage conflicts, resulting in smooth and efficient project planning.