Various laser acne treatments are available today. This therapy is an alternative for you since your acne has not responded to traditional therapies. Patients considering laser treatment should consult a dermatologist experienced in providing the therapy. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about his experience and qualifications as a dermatologist. A dermatologist can determine whether or not this treatment is right for you.
Although in recent years laser technology has assumed an increasing importance in the treatment of acne scars, this therapy has advantages and disadvantages. This information discusses the advantages and disadvantages of laser treatment for acne. Check out this article before considering this treatment.
1. Laser can effectively treat depressed acne scars. For patients with ice pick scars or superficial boxcar scars, results were good to excellent.
2. The laser has the ability to treat hard-to-reach areas, such as the back. The 1450nm diode laser effectively treats inflammatory acne on the back. This treatment offers a non-invasive alternative.
3. Advantages of this acne treatment include not having to remember to apply or take any medication as with traditional treatments.
4. One of the disadvantages of laser treatment is that it can be quite expensive and its long-term effectiveness has not been proven.
5. Some of these treatments target only one factor that causes acne, the bacteria called P.acnes, but for many patients, this is not a comprehensive treatment to resolve their acne. To provide the best results, dermatologists often combine acne scar treatments.
6. Every treatment has side effects, just like this treatment. But the side effects of this therapy were limited to temporary redness and swelling at the treatment sites. The pain that may appear associated with laser treatment is well tolerated with a topical anesthetic.