If you really want to lose your “love tires”, you have come to the right place. She will learn some basic techniques that she can use in the privacy of her own home to get rid of those unattractive love handles and be more confident in her appearance.
Love handles are those unsightly fat deposits that accumulate just above your hip bones and make wearing low-rise jeans, mid-cut tops, bikinis, shorts, or any form-fitting or summer clothing uncomfortable and not very comfortable. attractive. We have always been told that losing love handles is very difficult and can only be achieved by starving yourself and doing thousands of sit-ups. Not so!
Here are some basic techniques and if you follow them you will be able to wear whatever you want and feel comfortable.
1. You should do some form of cardiovascular activity at least 3-5 times a week to get your heart rate up and help burn fat. If you’re not currently doing any cardio, you may want to start off slow by walking. You can walk around the block, around the mall, walking somewhere…it doesn’t matter where, just walk! Get your heart rate up. To get your heart rate up even more, try holding a can of soup in each hand while you walk. This will also get your upper body working.
2. Work your abs, not just abs and abs. Try doing leg raises. Sit on the edge of a chair (hold onto the chair at first until you get used to the movement) and hold your legs together, slowly raising them as high as you can, keeping your abs tight throughout the movement. Do 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
3. To lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume each day, however, it is very important to eat a well-balanced diet. Don’t starve. Your body needs good food to keep your metabolism going in order to burn fat naturally. This is a common mistake that many people make. You should eat about 4 to 5 smaller meals each day. Most importantly, don’t skip breakfast. As a general rule of thumb for weight loss, the AVERAGE number of calories consumed per day should be as follows: women 1,400 – 1,800 and men 2,200 – 2,700.
4. Drink plenty of fluids…especially water. Not drinking enough can negatively affect your weight loss efforts because dehydration can slow your metabolism by 3% (equivalent to about 45 fewer calories burned per day or about 5 pounds per year). Drinking water throughout the day is more effective than gulping down a gallon in one sitting. Cut soda out of your diet entirely and you could lose up to 25 pounds in 1 year.
5. Monitor your fat loss progress using the skinfold test (pinch an inch), not your scale. The scale tells you your total weight, it does not distinguish between fat and muscle. The skinfold test will help you accurately monitor your body fat percentages in the privacy of your own home. Check weekly.
6. Lastly, keep a diary of everything you do, drink and eat (EVERYTHING). You’ll also want to document your skinfold results. Nothing fancy, a notebook works great. This will be very helpful as you may need to modify your routine as you reach your fat loss plateau.
Follow the above steps regularly and it’s only a matter of time until those ugly love handles are gone for good and you turn heads with your new look. Stay positive and don’t give up!