Attention Daters: The Friend Zone Isn’t Always A Bad Thing! We have all fallen in love with a friend at some point or another; maybe you even ended up in a relationship with one of these guys. However, whether you like it or not, male friends won’t always like you in the same way that you are interested in them.
But wait! This can be a BIG thing. “How can this be a good thing?” you ask. We tell you four ways.
1. Bounce your current dating situation with a real man, and you just might get some really SOLID advice.
Let’s face it: asking your girlfriends can sometimes be a good idea. But in reality, women don’t always give the best advice to their friends. (That’s why a session with a professional dating coach may be the best decision you make this year.) But if you’re not ready for that, start with a friend who can really give you the male perspective on what’s going on in your love life; often, he can be extremely insightful!
2. You might find a guy who fits in your friend zone and then you can meet HIS friends.
Most straight men I know aren’t really looking for a platonic relationship with a woman they find attractive and interesting. They usually want to at least get into his pants and at most have an amazing relationship. In case you meet an early one who is genuinely interested in befriending a woman (and you enjoy her company but aren’t interested in him), Get. To the. In it. Friend. Area. Not only did you just gain a new friend, but he might have some friends you might be interested in!
3. The proof is in the pudding.
In a recent study of American men:
– 84% say it’s possible to have a “just friends” relationship with a girl.
– 83% say it’s possible for a girl to go from someone she just wants to be friends with, to a romantic interest, and back to just wanting to be friends.
– 43% say that if they already have a girlfriend, it is easier for them to have platonic friends.
4. Things are no longer the same.
“The belief that men and women can’t be friends comes from another era where women were at home and men were in the workplace, and the only way they could be together was through romance,” she explained. Linda Sapadin, a Valley psychologist. Brook, New York. “Now they work together and share sports interests and socialize together.” when harry met sally basically establishes the potential of platonic friendship between men and women about 25 years. So we’re in a whole new era, Dignity Daters!
So, do you have a friend on your phone that you haven’t talked to in a few weeks? Ask him out on a platonic bowling date and get his opinion on your new guy. Met a new guy that you like but don’t love, and he invited you out for a few beers? Take the opportunity and go. You never know where it can take you; He could become your new wingman!